Friday, January 20, 2006

It's called BUZZFLASH and you need to bookmark it if you haven't already.

Buzzflash is an extraordinary site which links the reader to essential news items and critical thinking from across the country and around the world.

I don't know about you but I'm a busy guy. I don't have time to comb through hundreds of news sites from London to Sydney to San Antonio to Hong Kong and everywhere in between. I don't have time to keep track of every bit of important testimony that took place in the past 24 hours on Capitol Hill.

I don't have time to trudge through every dry as a bone website of every Senator and Congressperson to see which of them has anything worthwhile to say. I don't have time to see which Bush bastard or neocon or religious whacko is trying to screw me every day, and I don't have the time or the intelligence to grasp the nuances within the speeches and the columns of either the great or the chimplike minds of the day.

Buzzflash does that for me every single day. And it's free! (Though some of us do make donations every once in a while out of sheer guilt.)

www.buzzflash.com

It's essential reading.

If you rely on CNN or the New York Times or MSNBC for your news.... well, you don't know what's going on, unless the size of Mariah Carey's ass or Ashley Simpson's brilliance is more important to you than knowing who is trying to destroy your country.

www.buzzflash.com

If your vote isn't being counted, you should at least know who isn't counting it and how they're getting away with it.

Of course, you perhaps may prefer to just go back to sleep....

9 Comments:

At 9:12 PM, Anonymous Tarla said...

David,

I understand you're interested in moving to NZ in the future. I moved here seven years ago...because of the direction US politics was heading. I couldn't have been more correct in my assessment. If you have any questions about moving to NZ from the US, feel free to contact me.

Best wishes,
Tarla

 
At 7:47 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

David,

Your endorsement of Buzzflash is eloquent and right-on. We would have dissolved into puddles of dismay had we not had Buzzflash to rely on. We have no employment and no money now, but have purchased premiums from Buzzflash in the past, which is another way to contribute to their essential work.

Keep up your great blog and work, and would love it if you shared what you learned about moving to NZ.

Claire

 
At 8:17 AM, Anonymous Ex-pat in Canada said...

Hi David,

I'm a fellow Buzzflasher and glad to find your blog. You're right about not having the time to wade through all the non-news to find out what's going on. If I had to name the one source of news that gives me the most and the best in the shortest time, it's definitely Buzzflash. (Hey if you don't make it to NZ, Canada's right next door. You'd have to invest in snowboots, but parts of it are incredibly beautiful :)

 
At 9:42 AM, Anonymous bluewombat@earthlink.net said...

I loved your letter on buzzflash.com. In my case, I donate a bit every month to them for the reasons you laid out so eloquently in your letter.

 
At 6:08 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

To add to your commentaries on buzzflash, be sure it is not useful ONLY to north americans,but also in other parts of the world, like me in France.
Anyway, were they other sources of information, Buzzflash remind us that US is ALSO a lot of decent lovable citizens.

Guy-Orléans

 
At 9:00 AM, Blogger Regnad Kcin said...

David,
I wholeheartedly agree. Buzzflash and the many other excellent blog-portals open up a relevant exposition and discussion of the significant problems that face all of us coupled with the acute assesments and constructive policy discussions that we all want. I'd rather spend my money where the instruments of democracy are being fully exercised than on the manufactured illusion of freedom that is presently being foisted upon us.
Thanks and gratitude from another grain of sand.
.... and Tarla.. I'd appreciate hearing more about NZ too!

 
At 9:30 AM, Blogger Nancy said...

Thanks for your passionate letter regarding Buzzflash. I've been a grateful grateful reader of Buzzflash for several years now and I find that I need to hear the voices of true Americans, who make the time to care, just as much as I need the truthful reporting Buzzflash provides. I live right near you, in Boca Raton, and as you can imagine, the predominant sentiment around here is greed. Your voice rang loud and clear and true and I thank you for that.

I, too, have been considering New Zealand for pretty much the same reasons as those you've listed, but I'm not quite ready to give up here yet. I'm still hoping that there are enough of us, and our numbers are growing, to take our nation back. I want to make war mongering, treasury raiding, smug, propaganda-spewing heads roll.

I'm thinking the elections this coming November should offer some indication as to whether my figurative guillotine and I have a chance.

If mainstream America continues to exhibit the same masochistic, moronic, mind-numbing insistence on electing public enemies then I, too, will be seriously considering New Zealand. At 50 years of age, well, by then I'll be 51, this rebel may be ready to retire.

 
At 6:14 AM, Anonymous rusty Van Patten said...

Thank you for your letter! Thank God for BuzzFlash. I donate as much as I can as often as I can and will keep doing so. Without BuzzFlash I don't know what I'd do for real news and truth.

Rusty Van Patten

P.S. I wish I could move to New Zealand, too - or the MOON!

 
At 6:24 AM, Anonymous Alice Leamy said...

Hi Dave;

I live in Hurricane Alley, too, and wish I could escape but I have 30 years on you and am unable to make a change now. Aukland was lovely when I was there on vacation in 1980s. It is a wonderful part of this world. My husband loved Samoa and he kept arranging vacations there for many years after servng in the First Marines on Guadalcanal. (I think he was searching for an old girlfriend.)
I discovered BuzzFlash from a member of the Venice Demograts and depend on it and Jon Stewart for the "real news" of our country.
I am hoping things get better SOON. Hang in here for a while to see where we are going in November's election.
We are all praying for a complete change!!! (and no hurricanes in 2006).

Alice in Osprey

 

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home